A few weeks ago Jeff's mom gave us animal shaped cookie cutters and ever since then Jackson has been begging to make "shape cookies" several times a day. I promised him that we could make some Thanksgiving pumpkin cut out cookies and then I couldn't find my pumpkin cookie cutter!
A quick Google search later I found these adorable turkey cookies on Pillsbury's website and decided that we would try to make them.
They are super easy. You just make round sugar cookies and then stick candy corn on the top of the cookie to resemble feathers and use M&M's for the eyes (attaching all with frosting) and then pipe a mouth/nose and feet with icing and you're all set. My "helpers" quickly abandoned me as soon as I cut off their supply of M&M's but I still had fun making them.
A quick Google search later I found these adorable turkey cookies on Pillsbury's website and decided that we would try to make them.
They are super easy. You just make round sugar cookies and then stick candy corn on the top of the cookie to resemble feathers and use M&M's for the eyes (attaching all with frosting) and then pipe a mouth/nose and feet with icing and you're all set. My "helpers" quickly abandoned me as soon as I cut off their supply of M&M's but I still had fun making them.
The boys also loved that they got to eat some of the candy corn and as Gram has a habit of holding his food in his hands for a looooong time before actually deciding to eat it I found out that candy corn melts easily and makes a very sticky, very messy goo substance that acts as a glue to anything it sticks to...anyways.
They turned out cute and will look cute on our dessert platter for Thanksgiving day.
No comments:
Post a Comment